Two of my favorite things in this world are good music and good beer. Somehow they've always gone hand-in-hand with me, so I thought I'd spend a little bit of time explaining what I like in both. The making of each to me is an art form and both are necessary to a good outlook on life and general happiness. They both seem better while you're sharing them with others, and each enhances the other.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Denogginizer From Drake's Brewing Company

First off, I've got to admit a couple of things. I am a hop-head, that being I like my beer heavily hopped. I've also got to admit I'm biased toward a brewery that was nearby to an old apartment of mine in San Leandro, CA, where I used to live. I cut my craft beer teeth at Drake's Brewing Company in the mid 90's and since then have enjoyed the majority of the beers I've had of theirs. One of my favorite beers is a double IPA called Denogginizer.

It pours into a pint with a dark amber color and has a dense beige head which laces down the glass nicely. The aroma tells of citrus and pine and the hops are balanced nicely by a strong malt. All in all it is one of the most delicious beers I've ever had.

If you like it like me, you'll want to drink a few, but watch it. Like most Imperial IPAs, it's strong, nearly 10% abv. It's being sold in the 22 oz. bombers, but Drake's is having a hard time filling the demand for this flagship beer of theirs. I understand they have stepped up production so keep an eye out for that distinctive label.

No comments:

Post a Comment